2 the head of a pin
- The head of a pin. Frequently used in size
- 1810, Thomas Thomson, A System of Chemistry, Vol. 4, Bell &
- The moment the nitre was red hot, the coal, previously reduced to small pieces of the size of a pinhead, was projected in portions of one or two grains at a time…
- 1810, Thomas Thomson, A System of Chemistry, Vol. 4, Bell & Bradfute, page 602,
- In the context of "slang": An ignorant, naïve, foolish, and stupid person.
- A telemark skier
- slang medicine A
human head that is unusually tapered or small, often due to
microcephaly, or a
person with that trait. Often promoted in freak shows as
- 1939, Amram Scheinfeld and Morton David Schweitzer, You and
Heredity, Frederick A. Stokes Co., page
- The microcephalic idiot is an unfortunate with a "pinhead," sometimes exhibited as a "what's-it" in circus side-shows, whose mental age never goes beyond that of an imbecile.
- 1943, Oliver Ramsay Pilat, Sodom by the Sea: An Affectionate
History of Coney Island, Garden City Publishing, page
- Zip the What-Is-It was simply a Negro idiot. … For half an hour at a time, David Belasco used to watch Zip at Coney Island. The producer insisted he saw signs of intelligence in the pinhead…
- 1939, Amram Scheinfeld and Morton David Schweitzer, You and Heredity, Frederick A. Stokes Co., page 155,
- In the context of "slang|pet stores": A
newborn cricket used as
food for pets.
- 1994, Raymond E. Hunziker, Leopard Geckos, Publisher, ISBN
- A newly hatched gecko will need pretty small crickets, but you will not have to go all the way down to pinheads.
- 2000, Manny Rubio, Scorpions: Everything About Purchase, Care,
Feeding, and Housing, Barron's Educational Series, ISBN 0764112244,
- Crickets can be purchased in many sizes from newborns ("pinheads") to adults.
- 1994, Raymond E. Hunziker, Leopard Geckos, Publisher, ISBN 079380258X, page 16,
An ignorant, naïve, foolish, and stupid person
- Finnish: ääliö
A telemark skier
A person with microcephaly
A pinhead is literally the head of a pin.
Pinhead may also refer to:
- Pinhead (Hellraiser), a primary antagonist from the Hellraiser series of horror films
- Zip the Pinhead, a circus performer of the late 19th and early 20th century
- Zippy the Pinhead, a comic strip character
- a telemark skier
- a person with microcephaly, in freak shows promoted as "human pinheads"
- See, List of disability-related terms with negative connotations
- "Pinhead", a song by The Ramones on their album Leave Home
addlebrain, addlehead, addlepate, beefhead, beetleheaded, blockhead, blockheaded, blubberhead, blunderhead, bonehead, bufflehead, cabbagehead, cap, capsheaf, caput, chowderhead, chucklehead, chuckleheaded, clodhead, clodpate, clodpoll, cluck, crest, crown, crumb, dense, dimwit, dolthead, doltish, dot, drop, droplet, dullhead, dumb cluck, dumbhead, dunderhead, dunderpate, fathead, fatheaded, featherweight, fleck, flyspeck, gnat, grain, head, heading, headpiece, iota, jolterhead, jot, jughead, knucklehead, lackwit, lunkhead, meathead, microbe, microorganism, midge, minim, minutia, minutiae, mite, mote, muddlehead, mushhead, muttonhead, nitwit, noodlehead, numskull, particle, peabrain, pinbrain, pinpoint, point, puddinghead, pumpkin head, puzzlehead, scrap, simp, snip, snippet, speck, stupidhead, thickhead, thickskull, tittle, topknot, tottyhead, vanishing point